Websites: An Electricians Marketing Tool To Success
It is without a doubt that you’re an incredible electrician. You’ve spent years of your life studying and training in this trade so that you can provide invaluable services to your clientele. But how great are you at marketing for electrician? Probably not that great right? Primarily because you’ve built a business based on providing quality services, exceptional experiences and instilling passion in your craft for you, your employees and clients. We understand how time-consuming it is and what a hard thing it is to do. If you’ve been running your business for more than two years, did you know that you’ve outperformed approximately 34% of small companies already? And if you have over five years, well, you’re leading 50% of the pack!
So, Kudos To You! Now The Hard Part Begins Here!
It is not enough to have experience and passion in what you do if your business isn’t growing as much as you’d like it to. Today, competition in all industries is fiercest than it’s even been. Additionally, digital transformation has changed the game even more. 97% of consumers are turning online to find businesses, especially local ones, for the services they need. Sure, word of mouth still has a huge role to play as a source of leads, but this doesn’t change the fact that review generations are all moving online.
If you really want to grow your business, even though 2020 is in full swing, you need to put your efforts into online marketing!
The right mix of online marketing insights and strategies for electricians can create self-sustaining traffic of leads and requests for jobs – which will boost your bottom line and set you as an authority in the market.
So, what’s the best way to leverage your marketing and electrician business? To get in front of local businesses, your need to:
Start With A Website!
You Need a Great Electrician Website Design
With the bulk of consumers rushing online for local services, your website is always the first interaction potentials will engage with. However, just having a website created for your electrical business isn’t enough. There are roughly 75% of online users who judge your business based on the design of your website and about 48% who will assess your credibility based on its design.
Did you know that one lousy website experience is less likely to be visited ever again? Having a professional website design by a marketing company who understands the electricians’ landscape is essential.
Smoothen Your Website With These Tips
- Your website needs to be visible. This means that a search engine like Google and Firefox need to be able to find your website.
- Without a doubt, your website needs to be mobile-friendly. Over the last year, approximately 1.5 million online searches have been for the keyword “electrician”, and over 60% of those were performed using mobile devices. If your website isn’t designed for mobile, you’re losing just over 55% of the business.
- Your website also needs to be secured. Gone are the days where you leave your website ass HTTP. Today, you need to have a website that reads HTTPS! A secure site prevents data breaches and the possibility of someone hacking consumer information. If you have a form where visitors can fill in their personal information on your electrician website, it needs to be secure!
- Make sure your electrician website is fast! No one enjoys visiting a website that takes forever to load. The average website visitor expects to see something happen on a site in three seconds; otherwise, you’ll see a drop off of about 40% from your site.
- User experience creates excellent experiences! We all want a website that is easy to navigate, whether on a desktop or mobile device. A digital marketing expert can help you place contact information front and centre, make your site intuitive, designed appealingly and be able to load pages faster. If your website lacks usability, you can kiss booked jobs goodbye!
There are many more online marketing efforts that digital marketing, especially for tradies, can help you with. Search engine optimization (SEO), Google ads, content marketing, video marketing and email marketing are things that can boost your business.
At Tradie Web Guys, we take pleasure in helping electricians leverage on the power of online marketing so that they can grow their businesses. Whether you own a small business or are a large corporation, our team has the experience and expertise to help you grow.
For marketing services for electricians, get in touch with us!